Materials We Use
On this page, we will add the materials we work with. We will always choose the highest quality materials, from vegan leather, thread, tools to the materials we use for packaging. All of the materials we use are free of plastic.
The boxes and paper we use are made of recycled materials. We will put some details about the materials we use below, and some of these details will also appear on the product page.
Desserto is a highly sustainable plant-based material as an alternative to leather, made from cactus, often distinguished by its outstanding softness at touch while offering excellent performance for a outspread variety of applications and complying with the most rigorous quality and environmental standards. Our aim is to provide cruelty-free, sustainable alternatives without toxic chemicals, phthalates, and PVC.
Sustainable facts of Desserto:
- Big water savings because no irrigation is applied.
- To allow repeated harvesting from the same plant, the cactus is kept undamaged.
- Using a solarium to dry the feedstock saves energy.
- Since no herbicides or pesticides are used, the environment is preserved.
- Native and typical organic cactus afforestation enriches soil microflora and microfauna.
Some products created using the cactus materials could be found here.
Piñatex is an innovative natural material made from waste pineapple leaf fiber, suitable for use across fashion and accessories.
The leaves are a byproduct of existing agriculture, and their utilization provides farmers with a new source of revenue. Pinatex is a cruelty-free, natural, sustainably sourced material.
Sustainable facts of Pinatex:
- There is no need for extra environmental resources for raw materials.
- There are no chemicals on the Cradle2Cradle list of prohibited compounds utilized in manufacture.
- Production in a closed-loop — remaining leaf biomass is used as natural fertilizer/biofuel.
- Biodegradable non-woven mesh
Some products created using the pineapple materials could be found here.
Life Materials provides a wide range of products to people interested in adopting a lifestyle based on a new paradigm: the world as a great, unique, and sustainable organism capable of self-sustaining and regeneration.
Sustainable facts of Life Materials:
- 100% non-petrolium-based materials
- Ethically sustainable solutions that do not involve the usage of any material considered dangerous or harmful to any living being
Some products where we used the mushroom materials could be found here.
We set out on this path with you, we know that we are not perfect, and we do not pretend to be, but we will certainly always try to find the best materials processes both for nature and people who use the products.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.